Sunday, May 27, 2012

Saying Goodbye is Hard to Do!

I don’t even know what to say... I don’t know where to begin. I’m so grateful that after last night’s skype I can still hear from you guys today. I was in the best of moods after we talked, of course. It was great to see and hear your voices. My comp got to talk to her family and then we planned and sat down to watch The Other Side of Heaven. I was laughing and enjoying myself until we got change calls.

The elder told my comp she was staying and then he said I was going to Progresso, the one area in my whole mission that I said I never wanted to go. Then I realized that’s where Hermana Lopez was. My comp said, "But, Elder, Hermana Farr was already with her." He said, “Yep!” I started packing and went straight to bed. I was up all night. I feel like I’m not ready for this change, but I must press forward and do as the Lord commands. We travel to Durazno tonight at 7 to stay the night with a member there. I won’t go all the way to Montevideo for changes because Progresso is on the way. They will drop me off there in the morning and we’ll get to work.

Other things that happened this week… We had a FHE with the Gonzalez family last Monday. It was great. They invited just about half the ward to make everyone dinner. They fit in just fine with the ward here. It was really fun. They are amazing people, Fernando has been without smoking still and progressing along just great.

I had exchanges this week with an American. She was great. We worked together just great. It was fun to be with someone so kind and loving and willing to help because of a strong testimony. I miss that. That's a good thing about Hermana Lopez, she has a good testimony and will pull her own weight. I'm trying to keep my hopes up, I really am. Next week will be great. The gospel has the power to change lives, right?

I had to say goodbye to all the people I had come to love. It was HARD! We went by everyone and I shed tears knowing I won't see them again, or not for a long while at least. I kept telling my comp, "I hate this. I hate saying goodbye. Why does it have to be so hard." It's amazing how much these people come to mean to you. Man... long day.
Then it was time to go, a few members took me and they told me how much they appreciated everything I did and the new bishop said he was so excited to work with his new team, aka us, and now I was leaving. It's okay, Sarandi is going to be soooooo successful.

No comments: