Saturday, May 12, 2012

PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED...

HALLLLOOOOO!!!!!! Oh how I love and miss and love you all some more. It’s been too long. Mondays never seem to come fast enough. I just want to thank you all for writing me, keeping me in your prayers, thoughts and giving me your encouragement and love. It means more than anything in the world. Thank you, thank you!
 We are making great progress with the Gonzalez family still. Fernando has completely quit smoking; he said he doesn’t even take his tobacco to work anymore. Before that, he bought five packs of tobacco a week (because they make their own cigarettes here) and that wouldn’t last him till the end of the week. That’s almost 1000 cigarettes or something. I’m not exactly sure, but more than a hundred a pack. And he has completely dropped it. He says he uses lots of gum. Mabel said baptism was the best thing that could ever happen to her. Welp... they will be getting baptized this Saturday. Crazy, eh? I’m happy for this family. It’s crazy how prepared they really are. So pray for them that they can stay strong!!!
Can you find Hermana Farr in this picture?
Some different forms of art to enjoy along our path.... kinda cool, eh?
A little miracle, well a huge one, happened this week. We were working one night and realized that none of the city lights were on. We aren’t supposed to go anywhere in the dark as hermanas. It gets sketch. So we go to our lessons and they say that the power is turned off for the night and that we couldn’t see anything and we would have the lesson another day. What? It was only 6 and we had a whole night’s worth of things to do. I panicked. My comp said we should just go home and I knew that we couldn’t go home because that’s what Satan wanted us to do: stop working. I told her we would go by a member’s house and see what was up and figure things out from there. The hermana said the power was shut off for the night. My comp said she was scared, wouldn’t work in the dark, and no one would talk to us anyway. I invited her to the bathroom to say a prayer. We went in there and I asked her to pray. Her prayer surprised me as she simply asked for the lights to be turned on so we could continue working. Good! She left so I could use the bathroom and I said my own prayer, so that we could keep going, and asked for the lights to come back on. I went back out and sat down with them and we ate a little. Ten minutes later, just as we were finishing up to leave, the lights come back on. Everyone was shocked because it was said they wouldn’t be turned on till after midnight. Wahoo for prayer!

We continued, went to a lesson with the hermana and found an awesome lady and had a great lesson. It felt good to do what was right. Heavenly Father will always give us the strength to do so. Little note! "El Raiz" is here. It’s the horse races. They ran right past our house Sunday morning. It was so cool! We couldn’t enjoy any of the other festivities, but it was cool. The city came alive over the weekend. I’ve never seen it like that here. It was fun. There will be one more bigger race here in June. This was just the first preliminary one. It was an endurance race just like Kenz did. So cool. I told everyone what you do Kenz and they all were jealous! I love you all soooo much!!!! Be good, keep the faith. I love you! Love, Ash

No comments: