Monday, March 14, 2011

A VISIT WITH "LOVED ONES"

Thanks to all of you who have written me. I was showered with lots of love last district meeting and I appreciate your support more than you will know.

We got a surprise call last night at about 10:00 saying that today I had to go to Montevideo... ugh. So much money, and I had to go to the doctor. ugh again... get blood taken... so that's where we´ve been the whole day. It was fun though. We got to see all of my old district and I got to hang out and talk with Hermana Lundskog and Kirkham all day. I felt like I was coming home from the mish as we got to the huge bus station and I was searching for all my loved ones. I had so many butterflies. haha. It was like seeing my family again. I got to see the ocean too! Wahoo! It was awesome, but four hours of travel is too much. It's ok, I'm back at home now in San Jose.

As for the week... ay ay ay. It was rough. We did have 3 baptisms, but now... we have one. We lost both Juan and Stephanie... both from other people getting to them. We hadn't seen Stefanie for days and when we finally did, she had started school, work and smoking again. We recommitted her to stop, but when we came back a couple days later she was completely different. We don't know what happened, but she didn't want to see us anymore. She told us not to come back and I cried as I bore my testimony. I needed to make sure she knew what she was doing. She understands.

In Preach My Gospel it says you can be sad when people reject the gospel because you have raised a warning voice, but do not become discouraged. And so now... we are moving on. We still have Santiago, I think. We haven't seen him for a few days either though. As I talked to my district leader on the phone at the end of the night about everything, he said the cool thing about a lot of opposition is that it means you are doing a lot of good. I hope that's true. But if these people aren't being baptized then... what's the point? I'm still trying to get over everything. It's still hard. But we will go up. Vamos Arriba! That's our mission theme.

So now we are starting from square one again. We have no investigators really... We are going through the area book and looking for all the old people who were taught and we spent all day yesterday looking for them. It was a long day with little success. We are hoping to do some good some time soon.

In the meantime, there is a ward activity this week. We'll see how that goes and decide from there what to do with the ward. Also, we are teaching Sunday School next week and doing a missionary fireside and talking to the ward about what they can do. I hope it will be good. Whoever thought I would be teaching Sunday School in another language in another country? Not me. Anyway, we have no time today. I can't write letters cause the dumb doctor. I'm sorry, but I love you all!

Love, Smash

P.S. Thanks for all your prayers. I have felt them... and they did help with Stefanie and Juan, long enough for us to see that Heavenly Father answers prayers and long enough for us to be tried too. That's the mish for ya! I love you and miss you!

No comments: