Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE GOAL!

This week has been rough... day after day we went without having any success with lessons or tracting, but at the same time... the best week. I probably say that every week. haha

First of all, I was showered with blessings last district meeting. I received all your letters and four packages. It was so great. Heavenly Father knew of course when I would need those things. It was a blessing they came when they did. Thank heavens for fast breaks, valentines, the Ensign, and lots of food haha. Thank you, thank you everyone so much for everything. It is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Stefanie! She has stopped smoking. Six days she has been without a cigarette. She came to church with us on Sunday and it was a miracle. We got permission from her grandpa to wake her up, if he couldn’t do so. He has completely changed. He is helping her stay away from the cigarettes. When we got to her house on Sunday to get her, he was sitting out front and he said, “It’s impossible, nothing can get her up.” We were so scared and asked if we could go in. At that moment, she popped out of the curtain that is across every front door and they both burst into laughter. She was ready to go, in skirt with Book of Mormon in hand. Best moment ever. We had fun walking to church and she had the best time in Young Womens. We were so happy. On top of that, she has been questioning the 19th of this month for her baptismal date. We kept trying to convince her that it would be okay, but when you try and CONVINCE someone of spiritual matters, it never works. We dropped it and we have been praying ever since for a miracle. As you know... we have a goal for four baptisms this month... So we fasted for this purpose yesterday. At the very end of Young Womens, one of the leaders asked if she had a baptismal date. Stefanie said yes. And she asked when? I was listening in... holding my breath… and she said the 19th of March. Ahhh!!!!!! I shrieked inside. After I said, mhmm... the 19th eh? She said yes, and so you see... that is how the Lord works. Perhaps if that leader never asked, we wouldn’t have gotten that date for her. Miracles I say... miracles.

Speaking of which, we have another baptism! His name is Santiago. He was a reference from the bishop. His wife is already a member, but inactive. We visited them and their two sweet daughters. He said they had been talking about coming back to the church and he has investigated before, attended church before and therefore wants to be baptized the 19th as well. You see our investigators have to attend church three times before they can be baptized, so we are kinda running out of time to obtain our goal. We have to find these people fast if we want to reach our goal. But the Lord somehow works these miracles, only he knows how. So Santiago doesn’t have to attend a certain amount of times before he can be baptised. Once again… the mysterious ways in which the Lord works... it’s simply amazing.

I didn’t come on this mission for myself, but it is quite impossible to not grow and be strengthened while being out here. Heavenly Father has something for me to learn everyday and I’m so grateful for it.

Just a little tidbit… if you are struggling, sing a hymn and pray. These are the answers for everything... I’m telling you, it brings such comfort to us out here. I love it… the power of music and prayer are amazing.

I would give up my life for this gospel. Without it, we have nothing. We don’t have family, we don’t have comfort, we don’t have peace, we don’t have guidance and we don’t have purpose. With this gospel, we have the world and the possibilities are endless now, and forever after this life as well. I love this gospel with all my heart and am so grateful to be here to share it with those who will listen.

I love you all so much… more than you will ever know. Hold tight to the rod. Do missionary work. Stand up for your beliefs and be good! I love you. I love you. I love you! Thank you for the letters, the food, the love. Love, ash!

P.S.: The culture here is harsh. Someone told me I’m too skinny and my name is ugly! haha

No comments: