Sunday, March 27, 2011

TRANSFERS, NEW COMPANIONS, AND SO MUCH MORE!

Lots of changes in the life of a missionary… I had been worrying about transfers, which are tomorrow. I worried about leaving San Jose, but I learned that I would be staying here and getting a new companion. I am glad to be staying. The Elders told me my new companion is Hermana Hite. She’s American. I always thought I wanted a foreign companion because I could better learn the language, but I was told she left the MTC early because her Spanish was so good. Maybe I will learn more now from her because we can communicate the reason why things are the way they are in the Spanish language. The ELDERS say she is awesome ha. We will see what that means! They all say that I am going to have a lot of fun with her. Can’t wait!

We had the ward activity this week. Hardly anyone showed, but more than I expected. We had fun though. We gave our lesson in Sunday School and everyone was receptive, the real test is now. Will they really do the things we have asked? We will see.

I can’t stress enough how much I love the people here. I wrote you all about Luis. He is fantastic. He showed up the first Sunday at church and continues to come. He is so awesome… hilarious. His sister is progressing well too. Santiago still has a baptismal date, but we wanted to make sure he really would show up to church his one free Sunday. I’m telling you, that is the test. Yesterday he came! So his date is for the 9th of April. I guess our goal for 4 baptisms for this month is to have SET four secure dates, not to be baptized this month ha. Who knows. My comp has stopped praying for our goal because she thinks it’s impossible, but it’s not. I continue to pray for it in all the prayers with her. It’s important to me! And I want to demonstrate my faith. More importantly, I know these are four souls Heavenly Father wants back with him.

Miracle for the week… Sundays are the worst. PMG says it’s the best because families are together and we can teach them all, but that’s false here ha. They are all together, but no one will talk to us for that reason. We go without appointments and no one is willing to let us in. For that reason, I prayed hard for some miracle. Of course Heavenly Father answers our prayers. We decided to stop by and say hi to Stefanie. I know it doesn’t feel like a long time to you all, but it’s been almost two weeks since everything happened with her. In the mission life, ALOT can happen in two weeks. Things change fast here. Her grandpa answered the door and of course said she was sleeping. BUT he said, she has been waiting for you to come by. She wants to continue the lessons... I didn’t understand at first. He mumbles really bad, but I saw the smile on the face of my comp and when we left, she couldn’t stop smiling. She told me what he said and he told us to come back at 7. We did. Stefanie was there, smoking unfortunately, but she said she wants to be baptized. Oh man! We set her date for April 9th as well. She is excited, knows this is the true church, and wants to change her life. We are gonna do it. I want you all to know, your efforts were not for nothing. Thank you for the fasting and prayers. Heavenly Father wanted us to be tested, all of us. We can expect our faith to be tried, but if we persevere, it will pay off. Thank you for the support and faith of all of you. I have felt it daily and know through you I am being blessed.

I want to say something about conference. Make sure you watch it! All sessions! Both days. Sacrifice everything to watch it. We have the privilege to travel two hours there and back both days to watch it. You, at home, can sit in your pjs and watch. Take advantage of that opportunity. How blessed we are to be able to hear the words of Heavenly Father through the prophets. Ah! I’m so excited. I hope you all are too.

I gotta go, but I love you all soooooo much. I think about you daily, pray for you daily. Be good. Keep the faith. Say your prayers. Continue to develop your testimony of this gospel. It is true and I love it! I love you. Until next week

Love, Ash

No comments: