Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter all! I love you with all my heart. I was thinking of what you were all doing on Saturday for your Easter celebrations and how I wanted to be there eating normal breakfast things with you. Things are good, but I did miss you this week. Your Easter eggs and faces are so pretty and dad is handsome. Miss you dad.

This week started out with craziness. I was a little concerned for my new comp, but that was quickly lost in the worries of Hermana Lopez. She was so stressed and scared for her first area change. She was going to be in Progresso, an area I did interchanges in, and with Hermana Kirkham. I tried to reassure her, but it was rough. I felt so bad, but I tried and tried to help her. I’m sure she’s fine now. Hermana Lundskog is training a cute little Latin. I got to see her only very briefly in Montevideo, but she’s good. We left on Monday when Pday ended to Durazno. Then we left at 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning to Montevideo, spent all day there, went to Durazno late Tuesday night, stayed with a member there, had district meeting on Wednesday and by accident spent pretty much the whole day there cause we could only take a late bus and ended up getting to Sarandi late Wednesday. Oh man, I have been so drained this week. We spent about 15 hours in a bus, but we got here okay to our area.Hermana Ureta and Farr
My new comp is Hermana Ureta from Chile. She is 22. We were in the same district in Maldonado and I thought she was soooo quiet. Welp, I thought this will be a first (because all my comps like to talk). Nope, we got together and she’s only shy at first, then she gets CRAZY!!!! She likes to imitate voices and in that respect she makes me think of Brooke!! Good times.

I’ve had a change this week. I can’t really explain it, but with many hours of travel, lots of silence and loads of time to think, I have analyzed a lot and studied a lot and I’ve had a change of heart. Not that I was bad before, maybe just feeling like I lacked a little bit of the faith of the power of my calling and the power I hold; the importance of a missionary (but not all missionaries) just myself. But I have received new inspiration and perspective. I am so beyond good personally. I have utterly lost myself in the work this week. I stopped every passerby, testified to everyone, used every minute wisely, obeyed every rule and I can almost say I did everything how I should’ve. And I have felt so good about myself this week personally. I don’t have THAT much time left. It’s coming to a close and I need everything to count. I can’t explain myself well enough. It’s not that I wasn’t doing these things before, it’s just that I think maybe I lost the view of the big goal a little and I feel with the end of the tunnel just up ahead, I can see better and things are more clear. I have had the spirit testify to me over and over again this week of many things. I have new hope. I am now completely relying on the promise and revelation I read in 1 Nephi 2:19-20. As long as I keep the rules, this will be a BLESSED land, more than anywhere else. It all depends on me. Cow tongue: much better this time. Last time I ate it, it was so tough, I couldn't even chew it!
Jess and Agustin have never been better. All three of them were confirmed yesterday and it was awesome. Silvia is totally going to go on a mission. We found a new family. Well, actually a member found a new family. A WHOLE family dad!! The Gonzalez family. A member works with the dad. He started asking gospel related questions and the member told him he was going to bring him something that would help him (the BOM from us). They invited them to church and they came yesterday. We went and taught them. They will get baptized if and when they have a testimony. Four kids: 3 boys and 1 girl and they are married! Praise the heavens for that. It’s awesome. The only problem is he works en el campo which is outside and they only come home every Saturday night so it’ll take some time to teach them what they need to know to have a testimony. But that’s okay… we have all the time in the world.

Things are good. I love you all so much. This work is true! I love it with all my heart. I will bawl my eyes out the day I go home. I don’t want to. I miss you. I love you. Be good. Do what’s right and help others do the same. Talk to you soooooon!!!! Love, Ash

No comments: