Saturday, August 13, 2011

THIS GOSPEL IS TRUE!!!

La verdad que si .... Hello my dearest loved ones! I miss you guys so much. This week has been a good one work wise. I have gotten so much mail and packages. Happy birthday to me... it's not even time yet, but thank you gramps Farr, grams Farr, Chels, and Kenny for the love! I'm waiting till my birthday... uhh... haha

Hermana Puentas and me

As far as the work, man! We have seen miracles. We don't really know what happened with Roman. And Camila... not sure if she is ready, but we're still working with her. As for Pablo... ah! He has changed... he's a new person. He shaved off his foot high mowhawk. Yes... he did. Not only that, but the ward contributed and he has a suit jacket, tie and nice shoes. He has been wearing them to every charla (lesson) we have. What's more, this week was his fifth Sunday attending church, not to mention the fact that he has been smoke free for four days now. We are beyond happy. That's the power of the gospel. The power to change our lives, and here it is... in action. We are so thrilled. Don't worry... we have been meeting with him in members' homes and with scaerdocio (priesthood). He received a blessing for strength too. Every time we "part" he says, "Goodbye, my sisters in Christ." It's sweet. Hermanas en Cristo. That's who we are, yep. Every member who has met with us with him develops a love for him. He really is a sweet person and wants to change his life. He's already doing so! In testimony meeting yesterday, a member who is mentally challenged (he's so sweet), bore his testimony about Pablo. It was so touching. He said, "I'm thankful that I have had the opportunity to know Pablo. He's a good person." If he knows, then everyone does. They have become good friends those two. I love it.

As for me personally, spiritually, I experienced the spirit stronger than ever before. We were with Damian and Natalia, two less actives but with super strong testimonies. They have recently activated themselves with the help of our mission leader. It was Damian's birthday and they invited us over. We decided to watch the Testament with them since they had never seen it before. This movie... whoa. It's so powerful and every time I see the end, when the family is together and Christ heals the dad, I just lose it... without fail. And so it was the same. They were crying too, they loved it. My comp said, "With this same spirit, we'd like to leave you. Could we say a prayer?" I couldn't stop crying and Damian asked me to say the prayer... then he just told me to cry because I was feeling the spirit... and I seriously couldn't stop. Then I felt the need to bear my testimony, my heart... was beating so FLIPPIN hard. It felt like it was rocking my entire body, and I could hear the pounding in my ears. It was so crazy. I told them I wanted to bear my testimony, but I couldn't get words out because this feeling in my body. All I could say was, "My heart, my heart." Those were literally the only words that came out. I recognized it as the spirit and it has never spoke to me in that way. This must sound so lame, but it was incredibly powerful and I'll never forget how it felt. After a few minutes, with more tears, I bore my testimony of the Savior, and again everyone's eyes were wet. They opened up to us afterwards like they never have. They told us powerful stories and we grew closer. She mentioned how she wasn't completely converted and she told us her need. Now we know how to help her better strengthen her testimony. I love them. Behind the house where we live. That dog is Bon Bon (our friend). He practically lives with us!

On a different note, the most difficult thing about the mission is having to deal with a new life every house you walk into. It is draining emotionally, physically, mentally and most of all spiritually. You can only do so much to help some people. We have been working with three kids who were baptized by the elders before us. We gotta keep them coming and they aren't. They don't have parents who love them; they have so many problems. We visited with them this week and they were beating each other up hard core. No parent was home and we had to intervene. It was so intense. My heart just breaks for them. Once everything was under control... kind of, we still had kids crying and yelling. My comp started to teach and I just put my arms around the one little boy. He hates the members of the church, HATES them. But he snuggled right into me for the first time and actually listened to the lesson. By the end, he was smiling and wouldn't leave my side. If that's all I can give these people then so be it. I'm trying to help them in their lives, but at the same time it's so difficult. Like I said, we can only do so much. I pray for them, that their family life can be better. Theirs is a rough life...

I love you all so much! Please be good, pray lots, read lots, go to church, grow up in the Savior, and most of all help those in need. We have the power! I love you! Thank you for all your love and support. You're my everything!!! Love, Ash

P.S. I know the church is true. It hasn't changed my life, because I've always had it, but this gospel IS my life. We are so blessed!


No comments: