Friday, August 12, 2011

BAUTISMO!!

Hello August….my favorite month!!! I sure do miss you all. Cosas rapidas esta semana.

Ah! You got to meet the bishop and his wife from my ward! I can’t wait to read what you all thought and if you could communicate. Glad you got everything though.

This week has been well. We did have our BAPTISM this week! Yes! Sharon didn’t want to be rushed last week. So we decided to hold off for a week. It caused problems with our zone leaders because they just wanted her to be dunked, but waiting is alright. Man... it’s like I’m a mom and baptizing my kids because we gotta plan everything and make sure it all goes well. It’s the most stressful thing EVER! But it’s all worth it. My comp and I decided to sing and then she got sick. So I sang... solo... so crazy, but I got lots of compliments afterward. We sang "I love to look for rainbows." They never do musical numbers here but I wanted to make it special. It worked. By the time the song was over Sharon was in tears.


Sharon's Baptism...So Awesome!

We proceeded to the font and she started freaking out. She almost didn’t want to get in the water. We gently pushed her there and the hermano took her hand and lead her in. That’s when we realized... we couldn’t see a dang thing from back stage. (We are responsible for being with her after she is baptized, helping her dry off, change and get ready again.) So as soon as we handed her off we RAN as fast as we could to watch from the room and after she was dipped we RAN as fast as we could to greet her again. It was crazy... but I felt the spirit so strong. When she got out, she was smiling so big and all she said was, "This is the best day of my life." She covered her face with her hands and began to cry. THE SPIRIT WAS AMAZINGLY POWERFUL. She didn’t even care about her towel or anything, she just stood there dripping and crying. I started to cry too and couldn’t stop, in the midst of laughing as well (because we were all so happy). While she changed, the relief society pres and a really good hermana from the ward came in and just hugged me. All I could think was... "Everything is worth it, just for this moment." I was so happy. And more importantly… so was Sharon. I think she’s the first one who has really REALLY understood what decision she was making and it feels good to know that she understands and is really doing this because she knows it’s right. Ah! I’m so happy. We are just hoping she can find a good man and eventually get married in the temple. Can’t wait to see what time will bring for her.

This week we have had so much support from members and it’s been great. The people really do make the mission. I will never forget the people here. I love them so much. Our ward mission leader is the bomb. He has been working so hard for the baptism, and for the work in the ward. He’s so awesome. And he takes care of us like he’s our big brother. That’s really what I feel like. On his mission he had 14 out of 26 comps speak English, so he learned and talks with me in English. We ate lunch with his wife this week and talked strictly girl stuff: marriage and life and the gospel. I haven’t done that here on the mish yet with any member. She’s so cool though. With their help... the first members who have actually gone out to help rescue two lost lambs... a recently married couple who we love so much... and the first success we've had in bringing them back to the fold. It just shows you the power of THE MEMBERS in this work. For that we will be forever grateful to him and his wife. Ah! So great. I’m going to miss the people here a lot when I have to go. Hopefully it won’t be for awhile. Convert children we are teaching. I love them!!

P.S. My comp keeps telling me I’m the funnest comp she’s ever had. Yes! Score... we passed by the first swings I’ve ever seen here and I ran for them to take a minute after a stressful situation. She just stared at me. "Get on," I told her! She said she always wanted to do that, but her other comps wouldn’t let her... whoa. I figure, if I’m not enjoying myself here and creating my own happiness, I can’t help other people be happy. I’m here to show people my love for the gospel and show them that this is the way of life that brings happiness. If I’m not happy.... I’m a hypocrite.

Just another testimony that the Lord loves me: EVERYONE has been saying that this winter has been so much warmer than last winter, but next winter will be worse. Yes! He loves me, he loves me, he loves me... Rain in Utah... I’m missing a crappy summer in Utah, and enjoying a good winter in Uruguay. It’s a tender mercy that I think of everyday. I love life, love the mission, love my area, love the work, love the members, love my convert, love my family.... love the gospel, but most important I love my Savior. I owe him everything.

I hope all is well at home, I miss you like crazy. Don’t forget it. Be good, the gospel is true.

Love, Ash


No comments: