Sunday, December 26, 2010

WEEK ONE

Ohhh goodness! I don't even know where to start. This week has been.... something else. The first few days I was here it was so great. We study and plan for 11 hours a day: from 7 to 8 we eat breakfast, 11 to 12 we have lunch and 6 to 7 is dinner. Other than that we have personal study, comp study, language study (on our own besides the classes), one hour for playing outside and breathing and then 30 minutes to prepare for bed at night. Classes are all the rest of the time. My teachers are great. All of them are native to Argentina and every single one of them is fantastic! We have already learned so much. I can pray and testify in Spanish already. It is a little rusty though. At times I have to sneak a peek haha. Right now we have been in the process of learning how to make contacts, because starting this Saturday we go proseletismo! (proselyting, if you didn't catch that in Spanish.) It is so intense and I am so nervous. I was fine before, but yesterday we practiced with the district who has been here for six weeks and I was not as prepared as they are, of course. P.S. we are here for 9 weeks. Crazy! ok so... the food here is making me sick, not because I don't like it, but my body doesn't handle it well. I just can't digest it.

And the responsibility I hold is so much more important than I ever imagined. Hermana Lundskog is my favorite. She reminds me alot of Chelsea and is so kind to everyone. She understands me and when she laughs I just have to laugh. Hermana Kirkham is strict! She obeys every rule and we have come to find out that there are reasons why we have been put together. Anywho.

I know Heavenly Father is there, no matter what. I have gained a stronger testimony about priesthood. It's funny and truly amazing how the Lord works. I am so happy. I can't believe how much I love my personal study time here. I also cannot believe how much more the scriptures come alive. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING applies to me and the situation I am in, that brings such comfort. It's amazing....

There are probably about 100 people here, half americans, most of them from Utah specifically, and the other half latinos. The latinos are staying here in Argentina when they get out of here, this is their mission. Everyone else is going to Uruguay. It's pretty awesome... I love it here. It, unfortunately, is a rule that I cannot take any pictures here except when the latinos leave, which is every 3 weeks. So I will send them once I am in the field.

P.S. I haven't seen anything here yet. Saturday will be amazing to see the country and get out with the people, wish me luck. Until next week!

No comments: